Food allergens are proteins in food which can trigger allergic, sometimes even life-threatening, reactions in sensitised individuals. 90% of all food allergies are caused by the following eight common food categories: milk, eggs, peanuts, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, wheat and soy.
Managing food allergies usually means completely eliminating the allergenic proteins from one’s diet, requiring strict traceability throughout the food production process, from raw materials to the final product. Beside EU Regulation No. 1169/2011, many other legislations worldwide require food manufacturers to label their products with all ingredients potentially capable of causing allergic reactions.
We provide the most comprensive offering for food allergen rapid testing, including test kits, easy to use instruments, trainings and services. Whether you need results in a few minutes without trained staff and expensive equipment, or your organization have its in-house testing laboratory, we can offer you customized solutions for reliable and quick food allergen testing.Client Success Story: Allergen Management with GSD Solutions
SENSISpec Allergen Detection ELISA Kits
Do you want to improve and simplify your in-house allergen testing processes? We offer a full range of allergen ELISA test kits which reliably detect the presence of potential allergens caused by even low level cross-contaminations. The assays provide accurate and fast results and are available for all key allergens.
Watch this video introducing the SENSISpec allergen ELISA kits, and learn more about both the manual and automated processing of results:
Key benefits of the ELISA kits
- Quick and sensitive method with low limits of detection
- Quantitative results and simple test format
- Comprehensive ELISA test kit portfolio
- ELISA Analyzers: The BoltTM and the ThunderBolt® ELISA analyzers are innovative, fully automated, open platforms that are both compact and cost efficient. The instruments are validated for multiple GSD allergen ELISA kits.
- ELISA Reader: the compact GSD Absorbance 96 ELISA reader is a new category of plate readers that simplifies the workflow in the laboratory.
- ELISA Kits
Gluten Testing with our AOAC approved Gluten R5 ELISA kit
- The assay is based on the R5 Monoclonal Antibody, specifically for proteins from wheat, rye and barley. The assay’s Limit of Detection is 3 ppm (mg/kg).
- The AOAC Performance Tested Method (PTM) status of the assay demonstrated that after a rigorous validation study, all the results obtained were satisfactory and in line with expectations. The SENSISpec INgezim Gluten R5 kit provides fast and reliable quantitative results for gluten detection and is a validated assay for ISO 17025 accredited laboratories.
- Gluten R5 ELISA Kit
SENSIStrip Lateral Flow Tests
- The lateral flow assays are the perfect tool to control any potential cross-contamination with food allergens, avoiding external analyses and thus considerably reducing the time needed to release a food product batch to the market.
- With only a few minutes of incubation time, the tests provide a very easy-to-use technique for adequate control at different stages of the food manufacturing process, across food matrices, rinse water and equipment.
- Lateral Flow Tests
Key benefits of the lateral flow tests
- High sensitivity, low limits of detection
- Semi-quantitative result provided by an evaluation card
- No need for a highly qualified end user: fast and easy to use
- All necessary and ready-to-use material provided to perform 20 tests per kit
- Automation: the RapidScan ST5-W lateral flow reader is unique to the market with its flexibility, multiple target analysis and its compatibility with applications for our allergen, GMO, glyphosate and algal toxins lateral flow tests. This portable instrument performs well in both laboratories and in field testing environments.
DNAllergen Real-Time PCR Kits
- The DNAllergen Real-Time PCR kits complete our allergen offering with molecular testing method. This technique enables the detection of some specific allergens which are not easy to identify by immunoassays (e.g celery), and show no cross-reactivity with related species (e.g. mustard and rapeseed).
- Real-Time PCR Kits
Key benefits of the RT-PCR kits
- Higher sensitivity
- Detection of some specific allergens and no cross-reactivity
- Compatible with all kinds of cyclers on the market
- Cost-effective product with 50 reaction formats per kit
Register and order the kits online!