Veterinary Drug Residues
Veterinary drugs are usually administered within animal husbandry to cure and to prevent diseases, to increase weight gain and to tranquilize animals during transportation. These drugs consist of a complex group of hundreds of substances belonging to different chemical classes and therapeutic areas i.e., antibiotics, antiparasitics, nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs, growth promoters such as steroid hormones and betaagonists, and many others.
The widespread use of veterinary drugs in livestock is of great concern as their presence in edible products could induce severe consequences on human health: i.e., hepato- and nefro-toxicity, side effects, allergic reactions, sterility, cancer, and last but not the least, drug contaminated food can favor anti-microbial resistance.
ELISA Kits to Detect Veterinary Drug Residues and Feed Additives
We provide broad support for the needs of the meat, dairy, aquaculture, animal husbandry, veterinary, and other industries. Products include ELISA tests for quantitative analysis of substances in matrices such as meat, egg, milk, honey, fish, crustaceans, molluscs, and animal feed.
- Sulfonamides (1, 2)
- Tetracyclines (1, 2)
- Quinolones (1, 2)
- Nitrofuran metabolites (AOZ, AMOZ, SEM, AHD)
Steroids and RALs
- Corticosteroids (1, 2)
(1) B ZERO® format available: virtual master curve calibration
(2) Broad range kit: this kit can recognize a wide number of drugs belonging to the same substance
Key Benefits of the VDR ELISA Kits
- B ZERO®: ELISA test kits with virtual calibration curve - the most cost-effective offer available on the market
- I’Screen: ELISA test kits for the detection of low levels of drug residues as well as the presence of a number of structure-related contaminants
Register and order our VDR kits online!