Due to a large number of viral food-related outbreaks, the detection of viruses in food is an important issue in food safety. Oftentimes even low concentrations of a virus can lead to severe health consequences, such as gastrointestinal or liver infections.
The VIRSeek Solution offers an all-inclusive, ISO-compliant workflow from the RNA extraction to the specific detection of norovirus genogroups I norovirus genogroups II and hepatitis A virus. In addition the process control murine norovirus (MNV) ensures the correct extraction procedure and detection of the viruses throughout.
Each of the VIRSeek Solution kits can be used individually or as part of the comprehensive workflow.
Key Benefits of the VIRSeek Solution (Viral Foodborne Pathogen Detection)
- Complete solution covering all steps for the specific detection of the most important food-related viruses
- Short analysis time due one-step real-time RT-PCR
- ISO-compliant workflow
- Validated for the following Matrices:
- Soft fruits
- Leaf, stem and bulb vegetables
- Bivalve molluscan shellfish
- Bottled water
- Food surface samples
VIRSeek Kit Portfolio
- Food Murine Norovirus (MNV) Process Control
- RNAExtractor Food
- Food Hepatitis A Virus
- Food Norovirus Genogroup I
- Food Norovirus Genogroup II
- Food Hepatitis E Virus
Register and order our Food Virus kits online!