Animal species identification in food and feed products has grown in importance due to public health, economic and legal concerns. As a consequence, a need emerged to specifically and sensitively identify different animal traits within many types of food and feed samples including highly processed food. Even religious and ethical criteria can be at risk in the case of food adulteration.
In order to verify the authenticity of products, food testing laboratories need reliable methods, These specific methods can, for example, determine whether expensive meat or dairy products such as turkey meat or buffalo mozzarella are substituted with lower priced products such as chicken meat or cow milk. For vegetarian or vegan food, the presence of traces of animal products need to be ruled out.
The DNAnimal product line includes a full portfolio of Simplex DNAnimal kits covering a broad range of common animal species with the addition of an internal positive control (IPC) to detect potential matrix inhibition effects. This range is completed by a full offer of DNAs provided in defined concentrations.
Striving to drive efficiency within testing laboratories, Gold Standard Diagnostics developed four new DNAnimal Mplex kits targeting in total 12 animal species. Visit the DNAnimal Mplex product pages for more information.
Key benefits of specific product lines
- Kits cover different taxonomic groups
- Application for various food and feed relevant testing strategies, i.e. to test vegan or vegetarian food
- For identifying or excluding individual animal species
- Multiplex kits to enable your efficiency in the laboratory
- High sensitivity of 0.1% measured in w/w
- Evaluation tools to facilitate your data read-out in the laboratory
- Open real-time PCR platform use
- Harmonized cycler protocols amongst the different animal target species
Key benefits of Animal Species kits
- Kits are validated on the most important cyclers
- Contain an IPC (internal positive control) to exclude false-negative results
- Have undergone extensive specificity and sensitivity validation
- Produce robust and reliable results
- DNA extraction kits available for different matrices
- Animal species DNA as positive control DNA and meat testing standards with defined percentages are additionally available
Register and order the kits online!